From:
Victoria Powers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Dec 1998 12:53:06 -0500
Hello Everyone.

I have more news.  For the past three weeks I have been going into a feed
store to visit a big beautiful ferret that I have worried about.  I was
told that a youngster about 15 was saving money to buy him.  His parents
didn't want him to have a ferret so he was going to buy him and hide him in
the barn!!!!!  I already have my Pasha and Yoshi plus 12 other animals so
I just knew I couldn't get him.  Everyday when Steve my husband came home
from work I would tell him another story about how big and beautiful this
ferret was and how friendly and sweet he was.  Hoping he would tell me that
yes we have room and time for one more.

Well, I sent him to the feed store for supplies day before yesterday.  He
came in with a box and sit it on the table and said "here's the supplies".
I opened the box and burst into tears.  In the box was the big beautiful
ferret with a ribbon tied around his neck.....an early christmas present.
I named him Chewbacca, aka "chewie".  There was much discussion on how to
intro Chewie to Pash and Yoshi.  I read all I could at the archives.
Finally it was time.  We took Chewie in and got the other two out and sit
them all in the floor.  Nothing happened.  No hissing, barking or fighting.
(I felt blessed)  They just all started playing.  We have noticed that
Chewie plays very rough with Pasha and at times Pasha makes little noises.
When that happens we break them up.  Is there a way to tell for sure when
the play is too rough?  There is no screaming going on and they all play
and eat and sleep togather.

Chewie is 16 weeks old, has a beautiful coat and the longest tail.  He
weights about 2.5 lbs.  Yoshi is tiny.  Pash is 1.75 lbs.  Something that
I have noticed today is that when there in the tube they are both wagging
their tail!!!!  Too cute.

Thanks for reading, thanks for being here and love and fert kisses to
all the ferts and their slaves!  Victoria