From:
Melissa Lough <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Jun 2004 19:11:16 -0400
Hello everyone,

I will be taking a trip from West Virginia to Boston, Mass. next week
(6/20/04 - 6/27/04).  I would like to stop by a shelter or two just to
visit and maybe talk to some of you about my little Scooter.  I don't
know if you would remember this or not, but I had posted about him a
couple of weeks ago.  I got him from a pet store (was given to me) who
thought he had been dropped and possibly had broke his spine or hips.  I
took him to the vet and she thought he was just deformed.  That part of
his bones in his hips and legs had maybe grown quicker than others.  How
reliable this information is I'm not sure; there were no x-rays taken.
She just felt his little legs and hips; he doesn't seem to have pain but
does have feeling in them.  He slightly uses them; only in a stretched
out position, when he potties and slightly moves them when he scoots
along the floor.

If anyone can help me out with this dilemma I would greatly appreciate
it, and I would love the opportunity to visit a shelter because we have
no shelters close enough for me to adopt; and not many around here are
too knowledgeable of ferrets.

Thanks,
Missy Lough