From:
Ryan Seaton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Nov 1998 22:12:14 -0500
OK.....so I got all the way through my Master's without taking math because
I was tested and found NOT to be capable of math......so guess WHO is doing
math NOW!!!!!!!!  HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!  I have ferret math and it is easy!  I
got a beautiful little albino kit whom I named Ivory.  I went to the pet
shop for Iams and I always visit the fuzzies.  Well, she kept chewing on my
watch and it was love at 1st sight!  Now I wanted to get my next one from a
shelter, but I just fell in love.  You know how love is.  I got Fester as a
kit, and Reiko and Nino as older fuzzbrats from the Killians.  So the next
(AGAIN????!!!!!!!  Yes, I'm sure math will strike again!) will be from a
shelter.  She is SOooooo energetic, I get tired just watching her!  She
kisses too!  I could go on but you know how precious she is......

I tried to introduce her to the others.  My 1 yr old female snagged her by
the neck and tried to pull her away.  My boy (whole until next wk) is HUGE
but he is very gentle.....but he just got hold of her neck and tried to
tote her off too (he's the one who easily runs off with my son's size 14
shoe!!!)....I don't think they were being mean....it was more like, "Look!
Mommy brought home a baby!  Isn't it CUTE!?  I'm gonna take it to MY hidey
hole!" Ivory is not real tiny like some you see....so I would say she is a
baby but not sold REAL young.  So how long must I wait before they can play
with her....coz they go for her neck to pull her (back of neck).  I just
don't want her hurt.

I gave her Iams and she didn't eat until I moistened it.  Then she ate like
a PIG and went RIGHT to sleep.  We took Nino to the vet to get stitches out
and Ivory went along.  She was REAL limp and then all of a sudden she was
DEAD LIMP!  I tried to wake her but she was still limp.  I hollered to get
the vet and panicked.  The receptionist checked her pulse (I should know to
do that--I'm an EMT!) and said her heart was beating.  Then all of a sudden
she yawned and was back to moving around.  Talk about a heart attack!  I
was SO scared!  Doin' that "dead ferret" thingy.  I told her "We don't do
that stuff in OUR family!"

So we are all excited as our family grows.  Geeze!  I didn't know it would
hit like this.....this math thing.  Having to move soon, I have worried
about finding a place that would take 9 pets (dogs, cats, ferrets, guinea
pig), and then I add 1 more!  OK OK I am rambling....but I'm excited!  So
if anyone can tell me how long it should be before I can let them "carry
the baby" I would appreciate it....this is my 1st baby since I have had
adult ferrets.

Thanks!
Ryan and the Fuzzbrats:
Fester  ("Mom, she's tasty, but I won't eat her!")
Nino ("Gee, you got one that doesn't try to pluck at me!  Thanks,
Gran'ma!")
Reiko ("I wanna play with the baby!  I wanna play with the baby!")
Ivory ("ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....eat, sleep, poop......this is
the life!")