From:
"S.Hewett" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Mar 2006 19:10:47 +0800
Inge wrote:
>I have to say that I am disappointed.  I posted about my two young
>ferrets all of a sudden rejecting their raw diet.

I'm disappointed too.  Disappointed that despite all of the great info in
the latest Raw (shudder*) feeding discussion, people still don't know to
go to Natural Ferrets for the best answers.

* Natural Diet is the aim.  The fact that it is also raw is a minor
  point.

I'm get tired sometimes too.  Tired of ignorant comments like "those who
would have us all eating sushi"  Hello?  We're talking natural feeding
for an obligate carnivore here.  Nothing to do with human diet.

One of our Natural Ferrets posters got copped with the comment after
she said she was considering natural feeding: "Ew, I couldn't feed mice
to my ferets.  What about the germs in their bowels."  When you have to
continually answer to such ignorance you sometimes want to scream.

Another thing that always cuts me to the quick is when folk write that
they started to give their ferrets Bob C's Chicken Gravy when it got
insulinoma.  Now it wont go back to kibble any more.  Would you go back
to a diet that was probably the cause of the disease in the first
place????

There are so many different natural things that can be fed to our little
fuzzies that a varied diet should never be a problem: mice, chicks,
rabbit, a different type of chicken or different part of chicken (eg
thighs), etc.  Why you would ever want to force feed kibble is beyond me.

Always for the ferrets,
Shirley