From:
"Glenn, Jenni, BMG - NY1540" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 May 1998 16:57:18 -0500
I was just as apalled to hear that reputable channels like Discovery and
Animal Planet would say something so absurd.  So, I wrote an email to the
address that someone provided (I'm sorry, I forget who it was that posted
the email address for "viewer relations") and this is the response that I
received.  I'm sure it's a computer generated response, but who knows, maybe
they really do pay attention to their viewers.  I thought everyone might
like to see it.  They also provided a phone number if anyone wants to call
them.....

>Thank you for contacting Viewer Relations.  We appreciate all of your
>comments and suggestions.  They will be passed on to our program management
>and executives and will be taken into consideration.  Comments such as yours
>are very important to us, as viewer opinions tell us what we can improve on
>and what our audience enjoys.  Thanks again for writing.  Feel free to
>contact us at 1-888-404-5969 with any further concerns or comments.

Sincerely,
Viewer Relations>

I was very nice when I wrote my email to them, but I also let them know that
as a ferret owner and ferret lover that I was very disturbed and insulted
that they would refer to ferrets as "wild animals that have been known to
attack children" and let them know that this was not only a false statement,
but an ignorant and absurd one at that!  I also asked them if they would
please have a disclaimer on an upcoming show saying that they were wrong and
offer some correct information on ferrets to their viewing audience.  I
provided them with a list of correct ferret facts that I hope they will use!

Jenni