From:
Deborah Kemmerer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Nov 1999 14:16:11 -0500
I am aware that there have been some toxicity studies.  However, I still
maintain that the danger is close to non-existent in real-life situations.
The studies using Ethoxyquin generally use amounts about 100 times greater
than anyone would actually ingest.  There is nothing to suggest that it is
any worse than using "natural" preservatives, which can also be toxic in
extremely large doses.

Deborah Kemmerer DVM