From:
Pat Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Aug 1996 17:33:04 -0600
Hi All,
Long time lurker, first time poster here.

"D.McCormick" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>I found a shareware program today called "WebFerret" and had to check it
>out.  It's a search engine program for win95 with a ferret theme.  Check
>it out, if for nothing else the great ferret graphics on their web page.
>http://www.vironix.com/netferret

"Well, that's sounds cool" I think to myself, so I fire up netscape and
check it out.  "Say, that IS a pretty good ferret drawing.... no wait that's
a picture... no wait..that's Bjerknes!!!"

Those of you who have visited The Hidey Hole
(http://ugweb.cs.ualberta.ca/~psmith/bjerknes.html) have already met Bjerk
and the other ferts. Compare the ferret in the netferret logo with the
picture of Bjerknes at http://ugweb.cs.ualberta.ca/~psmith/ferrbox.html. I
don't think there's any doubt that it's him.

Bjerk has been impossible to live with since he found out.  Wants his own
food/water dishes and litter box.  Now he's posing on the table, just like
in the picture.

As for me, I'm not sure whether to be pleased or upset.  I know lots of
copying happens on the web, and I can live with that.  I'm honored that they
found this picture to be the cutest and/or best for their purposes, but when
my stuff is used for commercial purposes without my permission, I think a
line has been crossed.  Maybe we can get a free subscription to the program
and a lifetime supply of raisins.

Any opinions?
(Maybe email me directly if your reply is too non-ferret related.)
--
Pat Smith                               |"In the mean time and in between
[log in to unmask]             | time, that's it, another edition