From:
"Aileen K." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Dec 2007 14:41:23 -0800
>From: Ireann
>Subject: Carbon Monoxide and Natural Remedies
>
>For anyone who lives in a house that does not have a heat pump, please
>buy a carbon monoxide detector for your bedroom.

Very good advice. I just had a conversation with my father (who is
a volunteer fireman) about this last weekend because someone had
disconnected our plug-in CO detector and the battery had run down
causing the thing to beep. It took my dad and me an hour to locate
the source of the mystery beep. (The beeps are about 10 seconds apart,
so it was really hard to pinpoint. I ended up checking all 3 of our
smoke detectors before we figured it out.)

Anyway, I would add that, if you live in a multi-story home, you should
have a CO detector on the same floor as your furnace as well as on the
same floor as your gas stove and/or dryer. I am buying a second one for
my home, thanks to my dad, because I never thought about the stove. CO
is a relatively heavy gas and stays close to the floor. Having a
detector only in your bedroom, if it's on a top level, may not protect
you as well.

Aileen