From:
Barbara Bonner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Aug 2003 14:56:13 -0400
Hello everyone... some of you probably remember me from about a month
ago.  Our little boy Kodi had adrenal and then all of a sudden his temp.
dropped, he lost his sight for a bit, wouldnt eat, couldnt get blood,
etc. etc. and he ended up dying peacefully in our arms one day after all
this started.  We did not put him down, he just fell asleep and stopped
breathing, it took him so quick.  We still have no idea what it was.

Well, we just got back from vacation and our little girl Hope (with no
KNOWN medical problems) has lost a TON of weight (not sure how much since
it is a suday and we cannot weigh her at home), but you can feel her ribs
and she has a defined "waist" that she did not have before we left a week
ago.  Her fur has thinned out considerably (not losing it, but it is not
thick and fluffy like it normally is), her breath smells horrible (she
has always had clean breath), and right after we took her out of her cage
to play with her, she went into the litter box and pooped liquidy green
stuff.  It wasnt completely liquid, it looked like it had a consistency a
little thicker than water, and was a darkish murky green.  She has always
had normal stool (with the exception of when she gets ahold of the treat
bag while we are not around and poops rainbows for about a day...lol).
The person that has been staying at our house noticed she was getting
skinnier, and said she tried to hand feed her but she would not eat.

She is being taken to the vet first thing tomorrow morning to have
everything checked out.  Anyone have any suggestions?  Any ideas of what
it could be?  We are hoping she is just depressed about Kodi's death so
that would explain her loss of weight, because that can be fixed, but
with the green poop, im not sure what it could be.  Any suggestion or
ideas on what to do would be greatly appreciated, and possibly ASAP.

Thank you all so much for reading this, and taking your time to help me
out.

-Barbara, Hope, Ziggy, and our new boy Duke-