From:
Rob Adlers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jul 1997 13:06:42 -0700
Hello everyone from Toronto Ferret Internet Group.

If you wish to get in on the group, send me an email at:

Latest and Greatest:
Well, we're over 30 members and nearing 40 ferrets in the group now.  Not
bad for an unofficial organization.  We are becoming known (the ferrets
really) as we have more and more public appearances and walks with the
ferrets.

TIFG started via FML by Stan Siatkowski (dude!).  We've had a good couple of
years of ferret frolics at High Park, some apartments and houses, and the
walk at Upper Canada College.  Best of all, we've established a pretty good
ferret sitting group, which helps everyone on vacation cut down on boarding
costs.

Luckily, here in Ontario, Canada, we've been lucky to have reasoning
Government Health board and SCPA members who agree with the vets that we
don't have to be-head ferrets to check for rabies, especially if they've had
shots, have not killed their owners with rabies, and were obtained from the
SPCA, breeders or pet stores.  They worry more about canine distemperment.

The vets here say to keep up on the shots (yearly) and have the vaccine shot
tags on the ferret's harness when going for walks.  Tags are a clear sign to
those questioning the possibility of rabies that the ferret has been looked
after, never mind the fact that the owner is not frothing at the mouth.
What if the owner is frothing at the mouth?  See Exception 1 below.  Always
keep the vaccine paperwork too...every year of it... for the ferret, not the
owner.

Well, the SPCA's (known as Humane Society here) "PAWS IN THE PARK" pet
walk/fund raiser is happening in September, and we plan as group, to head
out for the walk with the fuzzies and raise money to support them.  Thanks
to Judith Emery for the announcement.  If anyone here on the FML can join
us, please do so.  Email me to get in the group to find out more.

More news later,

Rob and Kate Adlers in Toronto, Canada
with the fuzzbums - Mindy, Gabby, Lola and Jill
Oh yes, and Samson the big-boy cat!

Exception 1.  Perverts don't count; they'd normally scare off the person
long before a ferret could.

[Opinions and content in this email are mine and not those of the company
who I work for which supplies me this email address]