From:
Judith White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Feb 1997 01:07:35 -0000
** Stop ** Take a moment ** Write a note ** Mail a dollar **
I hope this report will inspire you to write encouraging e-mails, send
ferret gifts or supplies, contribute to paying expenses, or purchase
coupon booklets for the emergency fund (see FML #1614).  These are
wonderful people who are working hard for the fuzzies we love.

Amanda Christmas                   Sandia Animal Clinic
   [log in to unmask]            8914 Menaul Boulevard NE
NM Ferret Shelter and Rescue       Albuquerque, New Mexico 87112
2730 Morningside NE
Albuquerque, New Mexico 87110

We had 1 ferret being fostered, but the lady has disappeared, so I
don't know if we still have a sponsored ferret or a stolen ferret.
It has been 3 months since anyone last heard from her dispite our
many attempts to contact her.

Unpaid vet bills:  $40             Unpaid shelter bills:  $110

Wish List:
I wish we had more ferrets to adopt, so if anyone is traveling near
a shelter that would like to send us ferrets for adoption and is
traveling close to Albuquerque, New Mexico, contact me and maybe we
can work out something.  We have a waiting list of pre-approved
adoptive parents but no ferrets.

Trish Curtis, [log in to unmask]      Dr. Tad Jarrett, DVM
Ferrets First Rescue & Shelter    210 N.W. 2nd Street
3801 Zion Hill Loop               Mineral Wells, TX 76067
Weatherford, TX  76088            817-325-2273

Branch shelter Carlsbad, NM, Eydie Fox, [log in to unmask]

Total ferrets in shelter:  33     Permanent ferret residents:  9

Adoptable ferrets:  20            Being fostered:  1

Being sponsored:  5               Needing sponsors:  6

Being rehabilitated:  1           Needing surgery:  1

Unpaid vet bills:  $147           Unpaid shelter bills:  $200

Wish List:  Sponsor moms and dads!!!!
Doskocil Vari-Kennels  Models 200 or 300

Alicia Drakotes                   Dr. Donna M Harwood, DVM
    [log in to unmask]      Veterinary Housecall Services
Ferret Wise Rescue &              630 Court Street
    Rehabilitation Shelter        Keene, NH  03431
PO Box 561
Marlborough, NH  03455

Ferret Wise Shelter is now a critical care specialized facility.
Donations to the shelter are tax deductible.

Total ferrets in shelter:  14 in house + 10 in halfway house = 24

Adoptable ferrets:  8            Permanent residents: 12

Being rehabilitated:  2          Sick or injured ferrets: 2

Needing surgery: 1 adrenal       Ferret deaths:  1 lymphosarcoma

Being sponsored: 3               Needing sponsors: 3

Adopted out this month: 5        Taken in this month:  8

Unpaid vet bills: $100           Unpaid shelter bills: $1400

Wish list:  towels, laundry detergent, food

Troy Lynn Eckert,                 Dr. Larry Snyder
     [log in to unmask]     University Small Animal Clinic
Ferret Family Services            17th and Randolph
P.O. Box 186                        P.O. Box 4135
Manhattan, KS  66505-0186         Topeka, KS  66604
(913) 456-8337                    (913) 233-3185

Welfare ferrets/unadoptable/owners do what they can:  24

Ferrets available for adoption:  2 (ECE exposed)

Medical unadoptable:  3          Behavioral unadoptable:  3

Unpaid vet bills:  $545

Wish List:  Science diet A/D, Gallon Linatone, Resource Plus Vanilla
            (this group won't touch Ensure or Sustacal)

Bev Fox, [log in to unmask]      Dr. Wayne Turner, DVM
North Coast Ferret Shelter        Animal Clinic Northview
32151 Lorain Rd Lot 17            34910 Center Ridge Road
North Ridgeville, OH 44039        North Ridgeville, OH 44039
(216) 327-6729                    (216) 327-8282

Ferrets in shelter:  3            Adoptable ferrets:  2

Permanent residents:  1           Deaths:  2

Ferrets taken in:  4              Ferrets adopted out: 10

Sponsored ferrets: 1

Outstanding vet bills: $16        Shelter debts:  $1043

Dayna Frazier, [log in to unmask]
Marvelous Menagerie Of Mirthful Mayhem (MOMM)

The Exotic Connection              California Shelter
26502 Golden Valley Road #110-339  Letters and packages should
Saugus, CA  91350                  not have any reference to
                                   to ferrets on outside

Wish list:
35cc Monoject feeder [gavage] syringes needed very badly, colloidal
silver, and orders for ferret stationery to support shelter

Michael Janke, [log in to unmask]   Dr. Mary Chavez, DVM
South Florida Ferret Club          South Kendall Animal Clinic
   and Rescue, Inc                 9501 S.W. 160th Street
P.O. Box 570927                    Miami, FL 33157
Miami, FL 33257-0927               305-238-2030
305-251-8647
305-378-0898 (fax)

Ferrets in shelter:  150

Wish List:
A/D, Gerbers 2nd stage Chicken or Turkey baby food, paper towels

Carolyn Kinsey, A.S.V.T.          Dr. Bill Wilhoit, DVM
   [log in to unmask]     BIJOU ANIMAL HOSPITAL
Ferret Rescue of the Western      2502 East Bijou
   States (Estab. 1991)           Colorado Springs, CO 80909
140 W. 29th St., Suite 191        (719)471-4457
Pueblo, CO 81008
(719)527-8004

Ferrets in Shelter: 22             Ferrets being sponsored:  0

Outstanding Vet Bills:  $650

Wish list: 1cc (tuberculin) syringes and needles 25 gauge/smaller

Lisa Leidig, [log in to unmask]   Dr. P. Fisher/Dr. H. Hulls
Ferret Rescue of Tidewater        Petcare Veterinary Hospital
2312 Starfish Road, #301          5201-A Virginia Beach Boulevard
Virginia Beach, VA 23451          Virginia Beach, VA 23462

Total ferrets in shelter:  26     Adoptable ferrets:  9

Permanent residents:  13          Sick or injured:  1

Being rehabbed:  2 (both are babies, working on biting)

Needing surgery: 2 adrenals, one scheduled, one waiting.

Needing vaccinations:  3

Being sponsored:  3               Needing sponsors:  13

Adopted out:  7                   Taken in:  5

Unpaid vet bills:  $700+

Unpaid shelter bills:  each home with permanents/adoptables pays for
                       food, litter, etc - rescue pays all medical.
Wish List:
Needles( 22, 25, 28 gauge), ferret cage accessories like bowls,
water bottles & litter boxes, and of course, food.

Karen Marsh-Lovvorn              Dr. Stephanie Dalyrmple, DVM
    [log in to unmask]               (shots/check-ups)
Rogues Gallery Ferret Rescue     Dr. Charles Ward, DVM
700 Whitby Court                     (diagnostics/advanced care)
Durham, NC 27703

Rogues Gallery continues to be temporarily closed.  Our house is up for
sale, and as soon as it is sold we will begin construction on a larger
home.  Until the "big move", we act as an information & referral service,
and take in emergency cases (including animals from local shelters
which will release them to us).  Most ferrets remain in their current
owners homes unless there are extenuating circumstances & they need
to be removed/placed immediately.  In that case, we will take them and
put them into foster care.  At the present time, people seeking new
homes for their ferrets and people seeking ferrets are put on a referral
list and we put them in contact with each other.

Christine & David Mathis         Kimber Brawley, DVM MS
[log in to unmask]              Companion Pet Clinic
Oregon Ferret Shelter            3150 NE 82nd Avenue
17560 S Holly Lane               Portland, Oregon  97220
Oregon City, Oregon  97045       503-252-1601
503-557-8369

Ferrets in Shelter:  75 at beginning of January

15 ferrets adopted out           10 ferrets remaining

Chere McCoy, [log in to unmask]      Dr. Brenda Ernest, DVM
Ferret Friends of                Westside Animal Hospital
  Indian River County            1795 10th Avenue
8775 20th Street, Lot 614        Vero Beach, FL  32960
Vero Beach, Fl 32966

Ferrets in shelter:  12          Incoming ferrets:  1

Cancer or Insulinoma:  5         Blind ferrets:  1

Deaf ferrets:  1                 Outstanding Vet bills:  $404

Wish List:  Nutrical/Ferretvite, Totally Ferret/Iams Kitten

Stephanie Mudgett,                Dr. Steven Caffrey, DVM
    [log in to unmask]            Fryeburg Veterinary Hosp, PA
Ferret Services of Freedom        5 Pine Street
RR 1, Box 1592                    Fryeburg, ME   04037
Freedom, New Hampshire  03836

Total ferrets in shelter:  6      Adoptable ferrets:  1

Permanent residents: 5            Being rehab'd:  5

Sick or injured:   3              Needing surgery:   3

Needing sponsors:  5              Adopted out:  4

Wish List:
Sponsors for the 5 that can't be adopted out, Nutri-stat, Ferretone

Megan & Mike Scott                 Dr. Zeitlin, DVM
[log in to unmask]                    VCA Lake Worth
Ferrets in the Sun Club & Rescue   3401 2nd Ave. N.
18F Crossings Circle               Lake Worth, FL 33461
Boynton Beach, FL
561-735-7879

Total ferrets in shelter:  9       Adoptable ferrets:   3

Permanent residents:  2            Being rehabilitated:   2

Sick or injured:  2  (both adrenal problems)

Ferrets needing surgery:  1 exploratory (adrenal)

Ferrets needing sponsors:  Izzy (malignant-adrenal/insulomnia)
                           Skeeter (adrenal)

Ferrets taken in this month:  2

Unpaid vet bills:   $325            Unpaid shelter bills:   $700

Wish List:  Wysong or Nutro Natural Kitten food, decent sized Cages and
accessories (heavy crock bowls, hammocks,  bedding, etc.).

Ferrets in the Sun has been in operation for about 9 months and is
growing faster than we expected.  Thank goodness my vet doesn't mind
dealing with me so much :).  I am looking for an accountant or attorney
familiar with FL state non-profit laws to help us set up as a 501(c)3.
I have run into many brick walls in my area without this status.
Thank you for your time...

Stephanie Sheme                    Dr. Joseph Bock, DVM
  [log in to unmask]               Adobe Animal Hospital
Ferrets Etc                        4660 Table Mesa Drive
4339 S. Galapago St.               Boulder, Colorado
Englewood, CO 80110                (303) 494-4344

Total ferrets in shelter:  32      Adoptable ferrets: 10

Being rehabilitated:  1            Permanent residents: 6

Sick or injured:  1                Ferret deaths:  1

Needing spay/neuter:  2 (just had 6 of the litter done that
                         were dropped on my dorstep)

 Needing vaccinations:  4          Needing surgery:  2

 Being sponsored:  0               Needing sponsors: 2

 Adopted out this month:  3        Taken in this month:  16

 Unpaid vet bills:  $1,500         Unpaid shelter bills: $500

 Wish List:  Antibiotics, Fervac-d, food, litter

Sheena Staples, [log in to unmask]
PO Box #3
4607 Kingsway
Burnaby, B.C.
V5H 2B3
pager number 1-604-601-4883

Total ferrets in shelter: 7         Adoptable ferrets: 5

Permanent ferret residents: 1       Sick or injured ferrets: 2

Needing spay/neuter: 1              Needing vaccinations: 5

Needing surgery: 1                  Being fostered: 2

Adopted out this month: 4           Taken in this month: 9

Unpaid shelter bills:  $400

Wish List:
coupons for Eukanuba for cats (the ones where you buy a bag, get another
free) if anyone isn't using them themselves.  We also need lumber and
cage wire.

Tracy Tunnison                      Dr. Tammy Brodie
  [log in to unmask]                 Orchard View Veterinary Clinic
Mid-Michigan Ferrets and Rescue     5785 N. M-91
  (GLFA Shelter)                    Greenville, MI 48838
3425 Hillman Rd.                    (616) 754-9633
Sidney, MI 48885
(517) 328-3903

Total ferrets in shelter: 5         Ferrets being rehabilitated: 5

Needing vaccinations: 3

Adopted out this month: 2           Taken in this month: 3

Wish List:  meat baby food, ferretvite/ferretone