From:
Carol Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Jan 2003 20:37:20 -0700
To Becki Kain:
When I've had to feed mush or duck soup I use the bulb end medicine
dosers available in any pharmacy department with the other items for
medicating children.  You should strain the lumps out of the mixture and
you may have to trim the tip of the tube to be a little bigger opening.
When I make duck soup with kibble I put about a cup of dry food in a
blender and run it on high until it is mostly powdered.  Then shake it
through a strainer and keep the fine stuff in a container.  Re-blend the
rest.  The instant mush rehydrates in five minutes, then add chicken
gravy or A/D or whatever.  More water may be needed.

To Shelly:
My bean box is a big plastic storage container.  You can cut a four inch
diameter hole in the cover if you'd like, or leave it off.  I find with
beans there isn't as much thrown out when ferrets dig as there was with
rice.  Whatever beans you can get cheap would work.  You could order a
large bag from a natural food co-op, or if there is a feed mill around
you could probably get a bag of soybeans.  Try to make sure they free
of dust.  Perhaps shake them in a large strainer or colander first.

Happy digging!

Carol O.