From:
Terry Garvin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Apr 2003 16:05:20 -0500
Well, Dr. "G" now has several cryo surgeries under his belt.  I can't
even begin to describe the difference in the cryo vs regular adrenal
surgery.  The recovery time is so much better.  The ferrets seem to
respond in a much more positive way.  I mean the minute you bring them
home, they're ready to romp.  Of course you can't let them, but they
seem to think they can.

Let me give you one example of a positive outcome.  Let's use Scooby.
Scooby had a bi-lateral adrenal surgery Nov. 4, 2002.  He continued to
loose hair to the point of being totally bald.  This surgery was done by
a vet in Amarillo.  Dr. "G" went back in & there was a big nasty right
adrenal.  The other vet evidently wasn't able to get all of it, which as
we all know you really can't get the right completely surgically.  I know
there have been cases of cryo that have come back also, but the odds I
believe with the cryo are a lot less.  Any Way Dr. "G" did the cryo
surgery & three weeks later, Scooby is gorwing hair!  And he feels good.

If anyone is interested, Dr. "G" office is here in little ole Pampa,
Texas!  The cost of the adrenal surgery is $150.00 plus meds.

Terri