From:
[log in to unmask] (MR PAUL M RAHMAN)
Date:
Thu, 17 Nov 1994 21:15:19 -0500
>Wow - What a FML!!!  I feel like I've been through a war....but I do feel
>like I should comment on a couple of things....

        To Moonferret about the loss of Frito:

Dr., I've known Frito for some time, as well as his owner. Actually, I know
Frito much better. I'm very sorry to hear of Frito's passage to Rainbow
Bridge. On the matter of Dr. Kawasaki, I don't see any reason for ANY
comment to be made regarding his qualifications, nor his staff nor
facility. I DO know that info regarding Frito's illness was being discussed
for almost, if not over a year. Not just here on the FML either. Andrea
would 'drop in', ask questions (personal, medical, etc.) and
disappear-without acknowledgement of responses sent. It was at that point
that I quit responding. As to the lack of '24 hour care' for surgery on
animals, it was plainly obvious by what was written, that there was not
much to be done. I had a tragic situation here last night, and contacted my
resident Guru (Doctor) about an injured ferret. Dr. Schiff and I discussed
the issue, and an over the phone analysis resulted in the decision to NOT
have an emergency visit (HE comes to YOU!) and to monitor Squiggy for 24
hours. Well, the doctor not only saved me a $35 house call, but sure
enough, Squiggy is fine and dandy. >>I<< was the only one severly
traumatized by his suspected injury. As a matter of fact, I just finished
leaving a message of compliment to him on his answering machine before
reading this matter on the FML. I can relate to your 'battle zone' feeling,
I get the FML regularly, but am too busy to participate as of late. I DO
recommend it, for it's interaction, YOUR presence, as well as the presence
of many ferret and/or medical professionals, as well as the 'guidance' to
the most reputable care locally for ferret medical treatment. I will
continue to do so!

Sincerely, Paul and the ten furry children in MI