From:
Maria DeCicco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Jun 1997 15:08:04 -0400
All,
My apology for running on....

I just received the message about Kodo and I am at a lost for words.  My
heart was about a ton.  I was always taught that if you believe in our legal
system, it would stand by you and help you - NOT.  This is certainly not the
issue here and I don't believe I have any confidence in the system anymore.
I am also outraged at what the priorities are of of our legal system.  I
mean, they obviously don't see any problem with spending tax-payers money on
killing a family pet; instead of using it to catch criminals.

As I sit here with tears rolling down my face, I realized these tears are
not going to help any future ferrets overcome "Test and Kill" unless we
continue our fight.  I say we do whatever it takes to reverse the laws
nationwide and educate the people.  I think that what Bob Church (Forgive me
if I have the wrong name) said about putting together a national
(international) organization is a great idea.  As ferret owners - we need to
continue the fight.  I think we should do this in the memory of KODO.

I have 4 ferrets, but, I am afraid to let them come out with me and have my
neighbors play with my ferrets since this happened.  Why should our ferrets
be confined for stupidity and why should children (and adults) be denied to
share and know the joy of these furry animals the way I know as a ferret
owner.

To Bob Jacobs - I tip my hat off to you.  Words cannot express what I feel
for your lost, but always remember that you did what ever was in your power
and beyond to fight for your little furry son.  Now he is in a better place
"Over the Rainbow Bridge" where he is FREE to do whatever he wants - war
dance, be a carpet shark, steal some raisins, and play with all of his
friends.

BIG - Thanks for keeping all of us here at FML up-to-date.

TO KODO - Over the Rainbow Bridge: You are finally FREE.  You can play,
steal raisins, war dance and dook all you want.  Remember that you have a
loving family and EXTENDED FAMILY from all over the world that will never
forget you.  Even though your stay with us was short you brought a ton of
happiness to your family and friends.  Someday our paths will cross and we
will be able to be a family again.

Maria, Michael and my four precious fuzzbutts