From:
"marie i. schatz" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 May 1996 22:57:14 -0400
To the person with the t-shirt eating ferret.  Oh boy!  I have a cotton
eater too.  It is very hard to ferret proof for this.  At one point Giesela
was eating the fringe of the bathroom rug.  She gets her back molars on it
and grinds it off and swallows.  Same thing with string, socks, even I think
the insulation from the stove (since blocked off).  I think I would go to
k-mart and get a non-cotton blanket and cut it up.  Or get a hammock if your
cage supports it, and/or a ferret sleep sack, one of those with the fake
sheepskin inside.  Giesela has never eaten either of those and they LOVE the
sleep sacks.  All ferrets I think would probably hoover a rubber band.
Giesela even ate a tack once before I had her.

Mary, Giesela and Boris
p.s.  can you all send love and prayers to Festus?  i talked to Cindy and he
is not doing well after surgery, not eating, to weak to walk etc.  The vet
said that the culture shows it's not contagious(I don't understand this) and
the biopsy's aren't back yet.