From:
jeffrey meyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Oct 1997 15:03:01 -0500
ok i have had it everyone is whining about whats going on in MI but no one
wants to help.  The apathy of ferret owners in michigan is appalling.
Everyone thinks that there is a quick fix to the problem here, if you think
government works fastyour mistaken just take a look at how long it took to
get them legal here.  the last post stating that there are politics at work
is right.  We are working on a new bill that includes dogs,cats and ferrets
i am currently looking for a sponser for it so if anyone has any contacts
please let me know.  The bill that senator dingel sponsered doesnt have
enough teeth in it to be supported by the department of ag.  It is too vague
and the post was rite there are no laws governing dogs and cats just
polocies.  I also need to find someone living in kalamazoo county to fight a
county ordinace making ferrets illegal the GLFA has there lawyers cheaking
in to the legality of the ordenace but without a resident we cant do
anything.  STOP WHINING AND HELP.