Date:
Sat, 27 Sep 2003 19:58:04 -0400
1. I was in no way picking on ANY SPECIFIC Ferret Show.  There are those
ferret shows that banned her from the very beginning (and if those of you
who emailed me read what I wrote instead of flying off the handle you
wouldn't have written me, at least not about that) and that is EXACTLY
what SHOULD happen.  The problem lies in those people/shows that allow
her to show KNOWING what she does to those ferrets.

2. "People Like You" ANON refers to people of the "ferret shows aren't
at fault" mentality.  Everyone for the most part, agrees that she does
ferret breeding/showing not for the pleasure of the animal but for the
money.  She also uses her ferret's ribbons as a selling point for the
kits.  Would they be as desirable if they didn't have ribbons?  Sadly,
the answer to the question for a lot of (admittedly uninformed) people
is no.  Therefore the ferret shows (THOSE THAT ALLOW HER TO SHOW AND
NOT THE MANY GREAT, REPUTABLE ONES THAT DON'T) are, at the very least
partially, to blame for her "properity".

3. This CANNOT be allowed to continue, do what you have to do, call who
you have to call, these animals depend on us....and she DOES HAVE MORE
don't kid yourself.

To those of you that disagree with me, I'm not talking to you ;) .  I
am, however, talking to those of you that really believe that what she
(Di Bachman and anyone like her) is doing is wrong and agree that it does
need to end.  Those of you who have rescued from that brood, and have had
the beautiful experience of watching them dance and steal socks, know
exactly what I am talking about.  We are going to be looking at something
very similar to this happening in the future, if Di does indeed have the
amount of ferrets that many of us believe her to have, and we need to be
prepared as a community and stop letting petty little points (whose show
allows what and people like who) get in the way of the MAIN OBJECTIVE:
saving ferrets.

Why Do I feel like GW Talking About Iraq?

Lisa and the Diabolical Dozen (- Bucky)