From:
Sonya Grable <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jul 2001 07:04:46 -0000
Hi Stephanie,

I'm so glad that he's doing better!

>...soup down him at a time.  I had left some food under our bed for him
>(where he prefers to live) and he actually ate a few pieces.  I had to
>take it away, though.  I think the hard food may be too much for his
>sensitive stomach right now, he vomits it back up.  As a couple of people

Taking him off of anything solid or with any rough or grainy texture is a
good idea.  They don't always know what's best and the kibble or similar
can undo the progress he's made.  Meat baby food (i.e., turkey, chicken,
lamb) that's thinned with water to a consistency that suits him is best
for now.  Gerbers is a little finer in texture than Heinz is.

>I also want to send out an extra thank you to everyone who suggested to
>mix meds in heavy whipping cream.  You made my life and Bo's sooo much
>easier!  I never would have thought to do this.

Yep, isn't it great!!  Just so you know (incase you don't already), though,
Carafate will bind with most anything it's mixed with, which means it can't
do its job of coating the stomach/ulcers.  That's where I have a problem
with my girl - she likes Pepto and will take Metro mixed with simple syrup
(remember?), but, she absolutely hates Carafate!  I have to mix a tiny bit
of fat-free non-dairy creamer with it and also coat the outside of the
syringe and tip.  I usually have to coat it at least twice before I can
get the whole dose in her.  Her vet says it's OK to do this.  Besides,
she doesn't give me much choice in the matter!

Again, I am so glad he's doing better! I'll keep my fingers crossed!