From:
Fred A Hurd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Dec 2002 22:21:24 EST
Hey FMLers

Howdy folks.  Can I please interject something in all of this She said,
I said, We said and they said... This is about ferrets isn't it?  I
don't know what set all of this in motion but even tho I don't know TLE
personally I do know she is and has been all about the ferrets and that
is good enough for me.  Also I do know a bit about the Oregon Ferret
Network and we here in Reno have adopted alot of their ideas with their
permission into our own Northern Nevada Ferret Network.  Both do alot of
good for ferrets.  Let's leave it at that OK?  Can we agree to do that?

As for ferrets I have lost two in the last two weeks.  Jennifur went
mainly due to old age (she was about nine) and Shannon (5 y.o.) went due
to cancer tumors.  Both died here at home.  Both were loved and will be
missed.

As to how many ferrets one person can take care of...I don't know.  How
many angels can dance on a head of a pin??  How many stars make up the
Milky Way?  I have my hands full at time with the 17 frets I now have but
on good days I could take care of twice that many.  I have a good friend
that can take care of over a hundred ferrets at a given time.  I know
some ferret shelter operators that have their hands full with ten or
twelve.  It depends on the person as to how many or how few frets they
can take care of.  Myself.  I am battling some kind of allergy.  I break
out in nasty iching sores.  It may very well be ferret related.  Does
that mean I will give up my ferret rescue...Sure.  when the cows fly
home.  When the stars all wink out... when the Lord Blows on his trumpet
but not until then!!!  I will have a skin test and a biopsy done on the
20th of January.  Hopefully it can be pin pointed and treated.  But even
if not it is after all just an ich...a big one, but still just an ich...
LOL.  I am hooked on frets like nothing else and all I can say is...
Ferrets Rule!!!

After All It Is For The Ferrets!!!

Happy Holidays to all the furrbutts and the ones who love em' all!!
Fred Hurd