From:
Julie Fossa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Sep 2001 22:02:11 -0700
A few THANK YOUs...

Thank you Donna and Jackie for keeping the homefires burning, so we had a
home base.....

Thank you Troy Lynn, for just being you.  You a wonderful, gentle
leader......

Thank you Anne, for your support of this effort, despite the trying times
it happened during.......

Thank you to those that are still waiting for their ferrets to arrive.
You are truly the ones that make a rescue effort successful....

Thank you to Joe Palko, for The Ferret Store's support in one more
rescue.......

Thank you to Tom Willard of Performance foods, for your generous
donations....

Thank you to Susan Frigiola of 8in1 for you part in supporting the rescue
efforts....

Many thanks to the Davis County Animal Control staff, for patiently
dealing with so many concerned ferret lovers, and having to deal with
Jen's situation at the same time.  That many ferrets is not an easy job
for even a fully staffed organization, let alone one that is short-handed.
DeAnne, you are special.

The 64 ferrets are settled in and are happy to get some larger quarters
and run time!

All arrived safely, and aside from some signs of stress in the
litterboxes, are pretty healthy.

I haven't gotten a held count on the adrenal ferrets, but there are
several.  I have 21 cage groups, and most of them are trios or 4-somes.
Cagemates will need to stay together, if at all possible.

The ADV tests (only had a few on hand) so far have been negative.

I am getting their final destinations figured out, and hope to get
transport arrangements started in the next few days.  I will need help
transporting these kids to the other shelters and homes, since it would
be pretty difficult to care for this many kids, and be on the road, too.

I just want to say what an exceptional group of staff we found waiting for
us at Davis County Animal Control.  They were so kind and curious about
our fuzzy little fur kids.  They were first class!

I'll share more soon.

My heart aches for our country, and especially those directly impacted by
the NY/DC tragedy.

Julie

=====
Julie Fossa