From:
"Headley, Dawn" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Jul 1995 18:30:00 PDT
This in response to tle:
A couple years ago, I was considering going to school in Paris.  At that
time, I had two ferrets.  I went to my senator's office and explained that
I was planning on going to Paris and wanted to take my ferrets with me.
One of the assistants took care of all the arrangements for me.  He
contacted the Minister of the Agriculture.  I was given permission to
bring my ferrets into the country.  All that was required was the letter
sent to me by the Minister giving me permission, a certificate of rabies
vaccine, and a certificate stating my ferrets were in good health by a
veterinarian.  There would not have been any quarantine (I think England
is the one that has the terribly long quarantine).  Unfortunately, my
plans fell through, so I got a job after college ...  and another ferret.
I hope this helps you out.

Dawn

P.S.  If you think ferrets are expensive in the pet stores in the US, you
should visit Europe.  I stopped into a pet store along the Seine about 3
years ago, and the ferrets were priced at 1100 francs which was
approximately $220 at that time.  They also seemed much larger than my
ferrets.