From:
Michelle Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Aug 1998 18:10:17 EDT
hello,
About a year ago my ferret Tas died of a disease my vet called "green slime
disease", we caught it too late.  Two months later his brother caught the
same thing and with medication and vitamins he's just fine now, we knew what
to look for this time.  My vet said it is a rarely new disease and not too
much is known about it but is treatable if caught early enough.  It is
highly contagious and can even be passed off of clothing!  I greatly miss
my best friend Tas and was wondering if anybody had any new information on
this disease.  I have two more ferrets now and I always watch them closely
for signs of this.  Thank you.

Redfish

[Moderator's note: I sent him the ECE FAQ. BIG]