From:
Maggie Mae <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Jun 1998 04:10:38 EDT
Hello Everyone,

I decided to wait and see if I calmed down before I posted on one of the
subjects below.  I did.  I didn't.  and then got upset over some "jokes".
So here goes.

>I have a few excellent Scottish friends (no, not American wannabes; they
>*live* there ;-) )

Well, I hate to burst your bubble, but Scotland is a favorite retirement
place for the English.  And trust me, living there isn't the same as being
Scottish.  But then, what would this wannabe know?  Clan Armstrong, evicted
by the English and helping to settle the Americas in the 1700's.  But then
perhaps Native American wannabees can say they are NA's, if they visit the
resv enough.  Or grow long enough hair.

>Sorry, but I don't think it's fair to tell about a heart-breaking lack of
>responsibility on a small breeder's part while not mentioning names

Sukie, I have to agree with you.  What I find appalling is to have witnessed
such a thing, and then not followed up on the outcome OR more importantly,
followed up when it was found out that a seemingly clear case of neglect
exists.  I mean, I always thought the folks that witnessed such things are
the ones that the authorities need to talk to, not some third party relaying
second hand info.  But then, this witness has refused to help on many fronts
in many ways with ferrets, so it does not surprise me.

I myself do not help for one basic reason, I simply had enough of it in
Houston working with several animal groups.  So I turn down requests of
help from folks, because it upsets me too much.  But I also do not yell
and condemn others when I don't bother to do anything myself.

I don't feel anyone has any right to complain about anything if they are not
willing to get into the front lines.  We are all obligated to do what we can
do, financially, emotionally, and intellectually.  Not everyone can do the
same amounts of anything as everyone else.  I write stories for newsletters,
send money and give lots of moral support.  I don't try to make folks feel
guilty for something I am not willing to do myself.

Maggie Mae, given her name from another Scot's song