From:
kat parsons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Dec 2005 07:23:50 -0800
>From:    Robin <[log in to unmask]>
>
>I was wondering where you all have gotten your ferrets.

 7....were/are from pet stores
 7....were/are rescues
 9....were/are from Shelters
 7....were/are gifts for one reason or another
 3....were/are fosters turned permanent
 3....were/are from breeders

>Are they mostly rescues?

pretty mixed up...got them from all different places and reasons

>Did you purchase from a pet store?  And if you did, do you have
>certain criteria you look for in a pet store?  Do you have concerns
>about purchasing from a pet store?

we have...mostly in the beginning...the first pet store, my first 3
ferrets, was a mom & pop pet store in a mall in N.C...

the other pet store ferrets i got because they called to me so loudly and
would not let me go...

i can not say exactly if i have a criteria, other than the ferret yelling
at me to take him...but if the pet store were dirty...whatever...if
necessary...i would get the ferret to 'rescue' him if i had the means...

>How hard is it to find a breeder?  (We have had trouble finding
>breeders for ferrets and dwarf hamsters).

well...when i lived in Ohio i went to lots of the ferret shows [there
are several around ther] and met and became friends with a few of the
breeders...thru their ferrets initially...some blossomed into personal
friendships over and above their ferrets...

so...either find where there are shows...or find them by word of mouth...
like on a forum like this, the FML,...

i am sure there are other ways...but i have not looked into it...i found
the breeder i would go to for any ferrets i get from a breeder...

>God bless,
>Robin

you, too, robin...

kat

Fuzzy Hugs & Whiskered Kisses...from The "Crochet-ty" Lady...
Main Page ... http://ferretlover97.terrabox.com/index2.html
Happenings Page ... http://ferretlover97.terrabox.com/

By the time you can make ends meet...they move the ends.

Everybody's born so they can learn to live a good life and love others.
Animals already know how to do that, so they don't need to stay as long.
 - Anonymous