From:
Debbie Honeysett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Aug 2002 15:39:47 -0400
>Subject: Can we have some fun please?
>
>I would like, at this time, to CHALLENGE ANY AND >ALL IN THIS FORUM: I
>challenge each and every one of you to, for one day, to share in this
>forum, one of the funniest antics that you can remember your either
>present fuzzies or Rainbow Bridge frolickers to have done.  Just one
>day won't hurt us will it?  The worst that can happen is somebody, might
>just SMILE FOR A MINUTE!
>
>I am looking forward to the stories and will be sending >mine in a
>separate post.  Anybody have the guts to meet my >challenge?
>
>Kimberly Gorman

Kim:

Here's something funny I remember about my Little Abby girl that just
went to the bridge this past week:

First let me start with some background info. on Abby;
she was a little tiny girl, she could fit in the palm of my hand and
weighed in at only 1.3 lbs., she was always a climber, into and onto
absolutely everything.

My husband has this dresser that he's had since he was a small child,
it's not real big, only 4 drawers, not real wide or deep.  Abby liked the
"penthouse" suite in the dresser.  Yes, the very top drawer.  She would
climb up the back of the dresser between the wood that held the dresser
together and the drawers.  That was her spot.  Now Abby also liked
electronic devices; didn't matter what they were; beepers, cell phones,
remote controls, etc.

Being on the board of directors for NEFFER, Inc., we held a ferret frolic
this past February and I was in charge of the event.  I had borrowed two
way radios from my sister.  The hall we had rented had the kitchen on the
first floor and the main hall where the event was being held on the
second floor.  Because our volunteers are so wonderful at letting us
literally pull them in all directions during the day, depending on where
we may need the help, I thought it would be easiest to borrow the radios.
I could call down to the kitchen or they could call up to me if they
needed something.

The radios had been in the house for at least 3 or 4 days before the
event, placed in a bag with some other items that would be taken over the
morning of the event.  I finally finished last minute preparations late
the night before.  Thought to myself, okay, I can go to bed and get some
much needed rest before chaos took over the following morning.

Abby found the radios at about 3:00 AM!!  You guessed it, they needed to
go to the penthouse suite with her.  I'm sound asleep, all of a sudden I
hear, bang, bang, clang, thump, over and over again.  I'm now wide awake
saying to myself, what the heck is that noise?!!

It was Abby, she was trying to drag the two way radio up between the wood
that holds the dresser together and the drawers of the dresser.  You have
to understand that the dresser drawers are always closed.  I guess Abby
didn't understand that even though she could squeeze her tiny little body
down enough to get up through the back of the dresser, the radio didn't
have that availability!

She was trying to drag it up through the back, would get so far, have
trouble trying to make the radio as miniscule as possible, it would fall,
hit each drawer on the way down and finally land on the floor.  She would
shimmy back down, grab the radio, head back to the penthouse suite and
start all over again.  I think she finally must have figured out that she
needed to turn the radio a certain way in order for it to fit between the
wood and the drawers because when I finally managed to drag myself out of
bed, she was already curled up with "her" radio in the penthouse suite!!

A true friend is there through thick and thin,
no matter what the cause or reason.....
cherish them, they come once in a lifetime!