Date:
Mon, 1 Apr 2002 12:59:49 EST
Looks like it might be possible to have a web site made up to bring out
the situation and obtain help for 2 much loved people on the FML!  Thank
you for a large donation so unselfishlessly donated to help pay the
printer by someone who already does so much for us: Georgia of Kouris fan
club.

Georgia-you figure you worked about 5 hours for that amount?  And can you
tell us the name and address of the printer for others who may wish to
help in this way when you find out what it is from your friends?

Modern Ferret Magazine, you realize, is a part of ferret history.  It will
be more than likely be written of in the years to come in a book of ferret
history as THE magazine created for ferrets that others then capitalized
on after being inspired by the interest they saw ferret lovers had in the
magazine.  Mary and Eric ARE a part of ferret history.  I think that their
part is significant.

Georgia has way too much on her plate with SOS to handle a fund for Mary
and Eric.  The $1 a month club to help ferrets everywhere?  Georgia is a
vital part of this.  Saving the Utah ferrets?  The Christmas Ferrets?
You guessed it.

But you have a start now.  I know that there are hundreds of you that love
Mary and Eric and could set aside 20 cents a day 5 days a week for them
for a year to pay off the printer or what ever bills you chose.  You just
need a central figure to coordinate.

Friendship is really realized in the bad times.  Friends are friends
through thick and thin.  Georgia is the first friend I see here willing
to commit to an action of friendship.  But I know that on this list and
others-there are many that wish to be there for their friends: Mary and
Eric.

I will let the many talented and loving and intelligent friends of Eric
and Mary here do as they will with this.

Do you know that President Grant-who was a critical factor to lead us to
end the civil war, and who became our president-was the worlds worst
businessman?  Read some books on him.  What a character.  His family was
facing starvation due to poor business choices as he found himself dying
of cancer.  If not for the book he managed to finish JUST before his
death-his family probably would have starved to death.

My point is that you can impact society in a powerful and positive way-as
Grant did-and still be highly imperfect, and make many errors.  Grant even
had a drinking problem.  Modern Ferret has impacted all of us by sharing
valuable knowledge all over the country, and helping in a big way to make
our little ones a known and adored companion.  Modern Ferret inspired
other magazines about ferrets to be created.

Now, I don't know the story of Eric and Mary at all.  I have not got a
clue what all evolved.  People who are unhappy and want their money back
for a magazine they did not get should have it.  People who write to the
Better Business bureau should be able to do so if they did not get a
magazine they paid for or their money back.  People who are affronted by
the web page they have should be able to say so..  And people on the FML
should be able to express these concerns-as they have.  (Thank you to our
moderator BIG.)

But people proclaiming to be friends in words?  Here are the leaders of
the ferret magazine world that are a part of history that provided you
with accurate ferret info.  that appear to me to be just about the most
popular people I have ever seen on the FML.

I am not going to bring the subject up again.  My heart felt thanks to
those who took a chance on really ugly e-mail to write of their concerns
about Modern Ferret Magazine.  Some of you wrote that you were REALLY
scared to write.  Terrorism has no place among us.  Let us stand up for
that.

Now-for the last time-I urge friends of Mary and Eric-to do what you can
as their friend.  As people of social significance in the ferret realm who
will be in ferret history.  But it seems that a united plan with a central
person who IS a friend of Mary and Eric would be the best way to help
them.

I could not be that person, though I thank Georgia for her kind suggestion.

[P.S.]
A P.S. It cannot be me

I just got another e-mail thinking I should be the central person for
helping Eric and Mary.  I want to make certain that it is clear that I do
not know Mary or Eric at all.  I never read anything personal they put in
the magazines I did receive, as I had no interest in reading that.  I am
not the one who KNOWs them or their ethics or morals, or problems.  What
i am receiving is just here-say and gossip.

I have clearly been able to see their popularity, and can see that they
are significant entities in the history through the magazine of the ferret
we so love.  I believe they fought for legal changes for the betterment
of ferrets?  They travelled places in the name of ferrets to voice their
concerns over legislation?

We believe that President Grant was SO honest that he was taken advantage
of in a number of business dealings, from all of the info I read about
him.  He appeared to be a man of impecable character and honesty.  This
much I remember from reading about him years ago.

I cannot say anything one way or another about Mary or Eric.  I do not
want to pretend that I can.  The many friends of these two will decide -
or have decided -what they believe.  They will either act in concern and
friendship to help in some manner.  Or they will not.