From:
Alicia K Drakiotes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Apr 1998 09:02:15 -0400
Hi Becky,
I read your post, and ,though I am *not* a vet-- your vet is perhaps right
on the mark.  Being a shelter Mom we have come to realize as the vets do --
that when a male over 2 years of age has recurring urinary tract infections
and other symptoms, lethargy etc., then quite probably the adrenal gland is
effected.  If Waldo were my kid-- I would skip the blood panel and go to
surgery right away.  If there is a prostatic cyst there will be
complications.  The panel blood test can take 7-10 weeks for results too ong
for my likes in the stated case.  Why let the condition worsen when the
surgery will detect the bad gland and the prostate condition right away???

Confer with your vet-- you should in my opinion consider the possibility of
adrenal disease.

hugs to you both--
alicia
a shelter Mom