From:
Andy & Possum Reporters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Jun 2006 10:51:27 -0400
June 2006 News

Reporter Andy
Cub-Reporter in Training Possum

Ziggy Reporter of a higher order

Possum Here: Remember last month we reported about clinic day coming
and how mum was going to put the weather in her god box?  And she was
having melt downs?  Well clinic day was here and her god box worked, the
weather was perfect for us ferrets, a bit on the cool side for humans
but we loved the over cast cool air & wet grass so mum's god box worked.
And now I know why she has melt downs it was crazy here.  There were
humans owned by ferrets and humans that don't have ferrets all over the
pace in the house in the shelter out in the yard in the garage in the
store man it was crazy here that day And

Andy Here: Hey Possum take a breath will ya?  Your doing it again you are
reporting without taking a breath!  Let me show you how.  When mum got up
and went out clinic morning to start putting things out she found one of
the canopy's had collapsed under the weight of the rain water.  Mr. Jim's
canopy no less.  It had rained real hard all night.  So mum and Mr. Jim
fixed it at 6:30 in the morning.  Thanks Mr. Jim!  By the time Doc and
the hospital crew got here around 9 am the rain had stopped and things
were clearing up.  See Possum, that is how you do it, you make sense and
take your time so people can understand what you are trying to convey.

Possum Here: Convey what is that?  All I want to do is tell the news.
Okay, on Clinic day there was all kinds of help!  Good thing cause mum
was running around like a ferret looking for a place to hide a toy in a
hidey hole!  Only she was bent over a lot of the time.  Do you know why
mum was walking funny Andy?

Andy Here: Yes Possum mum hurted her back so she was having a hard time
standing up straight.

Possum Here: Oh okay thanks for that info.  There were Humans from all
over the country.  The Far away humans that came were, miss DJ, she was
a surprise mum did not know she was coming, Mr. Harry, he tooks care of
the raffle stuff and table.  Thanks Mr. Harry.  The baker crew, they came
in a big rolling house from Islip N.Y.  They had 6 of our cousins with
them.  Miss Ret came from far away to take care of us kids in the shelter
so mum would not have to worry about us.  The hospital crew were Mary,
Kim, Pat, and Doc!  They gaved hurt sticks, medicine and took money.
Then there was all the special humans that helped mum.  They came to help
before, on and after clinic day... Mum says To to many to name because
for sure I will forget somebody- remember I am just a cub reporter so I
forget things; then I will be on mums poop list.  So all of you humans
that helped mum to get ready; work the day; and tear down mum says you
are all a blessing to have in our lives.  Food wow there was food from
everyone and lots mum could eat.  Mum says that people were real good
about making sure there was food mum could have.

Andy Here: Okay Possum my turn I want a turn too you know!  I am the
senior reporter don't forget!  Clinic day was like Christmas in June,
lots and lots of shelter friends brought us presents!  They brought
things for the raffle table, things for mum; like groceries she can eat.
Mum she is on a special kind of diet so she cant's find her kind of food
around here too much, so lots of humans brought her food she can eat.  We
got new name tags for our cages all in pretty colors.  I, ME, Andy the
senior reported even had a special visitor come in to say hi and stroke
my fur.  Thanks miss Donna for remembering me.  Miss Donna even fixed
mums back with some Reiki, Thanks for making mum feel better Miss Donna.
Oh Angel and Lucy's far away mom brought our mum lots of stuff but one
thing mum has been enjoying is the gallon size jar of honey!  Mum has it
on her special kind of toast in the morning, eats it for lunch and snack.
We have had campers Thiel kids, Deutsch kids and Maci.  We had 3 new kids
come into the shelter, 2 on clinic day one 3 days later.  Coop and Corey
are big boys they are adjusting well; Sweet Pea is a baby mum thinks she
was about 12 to 14 weeks old when she got here.  Her humans were going
to toss her out the door to go live in the woods.  Another human that
knows mum told them not to do that she would bring the little girl to
mum.  The humans only had her 4 weeks; they did not even give her a name
so mum calls her Sweet Pea.  Oh God No!  Now mum has gone and done it!
On a Thursday night 5-11-6, mum got a bang on our door from a couple of
teenagers.  You know the 2 legged furless things mum takes home on her
big yellow thingy?  The furless kids had 2 kittens that had been found in
a ditch, the kittens mom had been hit by a car, she and another kitten
was dead.  The furless kids had tried to take care of the 2 kittens that
were alive for a couple of days and found they could not; could mum help
them?  UGH!  I can not believe mum said yes to fur kids that are NOT
ferrets!!!  Normally mum says NO she only does ferrets, but mum figured
these kittens were about 2 weeks old by the looks of them and the girls
said all the other humane society's around here told them no they would
not take them.  Mum's first mistake was answering the door; her second
was going out to look at the kittens.  So mum was playing mom to 2 tiny
kittens every couple of hours.  Like mum needed that added work schedule.
Mum got the kittens big enough to go to a 4-ever home they left for their
new home on June 3 to live with Miss Cathy.  Thanks Miss Cathy!  We don't
wants NO kittens living in our house!

Possum Here: Okay Andy it is my turn now, I can do more news now.

Andy Here: I am not done!  I will be done in a minute.

Possum Here: Mum!  Mum Andy won't share the news!

Ziggy Here: Hey you two down there!  I am checking in to see how things
are going; I am hearing rumblings up here that you ANDY are giving POSSUM
a hard time which is giving mum a hard time and this time of year being
end of school time is NOT a good time to be giving Possum a hard
time!!!!.  So knock it off!  Both of you!

Possum Here: Hump so there Mr. Smarty Andy pants know it all bossy brat!
Guess Miss Ziggy told you!  Mum tolds me to tell you all she really
appreciates you shopping though iGive, they sent mum a check for us for
$35.31.  Thank you all for your support!  Yeah school is done mum does
not have to drive the big yellow thingy anymore!  She can stay home with
us and love us more!

Andy Here: Okay Possum we need to get this letter wrapped up and
finished, pretty soon it will be time to do July's news.  Miss Trish
is here visiting us from MO.  Miss Trish is fun to play with.  Mum is
done working at school for a few weeks so now she can spend time getting
some things that need doing around here done.  We have had lots of
campers in and out already this summer and more to come.  We are going
to close this letter and get it to you all; you humans are writing to
mum wanting to know where the news is.

Until Next Month;

Andy Senior reporter

Cub-Reporter in Training Possum

International Ferret Congress Vendor Coordinator
http://ferretcongress.org
IGive Fund Raiser for Lakeroad Ferret Farm
http://www.kwickbid.com/shop.php?userid=100097

Don't have time for a ferret of your own?  You can sponsor one of our
fur kids.  There are new faces at the shelter go take at look at kids
looking for new homes.  http://www.ferretfarm.org

Andy-cub reporter, shelter kids, & oh yeah mum too!
Petfinder Page
http://www.petfinder.org/shelters/NY559.html
Shelter Video
http://www.kwflatbed.com/videos/ferretfarm.wmv