From:
Daniel Poryanda <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 May 1999 21:28:23 EDT
Hi all,
You may remember Jinx my Valentine ferret whom I sent in for his adrenal
surgery.  You may also remember that I was very concerned that he might
have Lymphoma because of a slight bulge of his right eye.

Well, DAMN IT ALL TO HELL, soon after he came home his eye got worse, it
began to get red in the corner by the tear duct.  I took him to his vet for
diagnosis and he thought that it WAS Lymphoma.  He prescribed Cytoxan as
chemotherapy, stating that I should see immediate results if this treatment
was to work and he also gave me Terramycin ointment to salve his eye in
case he was unable to close the eyelid to keep the eye moist.

It didn't take long for the same symptoms to appear in his left eye also
and I had no hope that the Cytoxan was working so I had to make a very hard
decision.

I could not let him suffer with his eyes so inflamed and his spirit was so
good that Rainbow Bridge was just going to have to wait a little longer for
Jinx.  I called the vet and made the appointment for Jinx's eneucleation.
In case nobody recognizes the term, it means that I had to have Jinx's eyes
removed, he's blind.

Believe me, when the time comes, I will help him cross but if you saw the
way he feeds himself and his zest for life, any of you would have done the
same thing.

I talked with his vet on Sunday and he tried to tell me in his way that I
shouldn't be too optimistic about Jinx's future.  I'm no Pollyanna and I
know my time is limited with Jinx so I made it clear that as long as Jinx
wants to stick around, I'll make his time here as happy and healthy as I
can.  His vet agreed and is fully supportive of my position.  Gotta thank
him for that.

Jinx got some out time today with some of the others.  Yes, he bumped into
cabinets and walls but he never stopped exploring his "new" world.  The
most encouraging event happened when Wreckx thought he'd wrestle Jinx.
Well let me tell you that Jinx can still handle himself around the young
ones.  When Wreckx had enough and tried to run, Jinx grabbed him and pulled
him back into the fight.  I was right there to referee if it got too
serious.

Keep on going, Jinx old buddy, I'll be there whenever you need me.

Hugsandkissestothefuzzies
Daniel Poryanda