From:
Debi & David Christy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Apr 2000 12:04:18 -0500
 .5cc of Emetrol contains .187 dextrose and .187 fructose.  I would
definitely not administer this to a ferret with insulinoma on a general
basis.  I have, however, given Emetrol to an insulinomic ferret when the
nausea was in conjunction with an insulinoma seizure as additional sugar is
necessary to immediately raise the blood sugar levels.  When the stomach
settles and seizure symptoms begin to subside, the ferret should
immediately be given food containing high animal protein (I use egg yolk.)

Extreme caution should be used when giving Pepto Bismol as it contains
aspirin, which should not be given to a ferret who is also on a prednisone
prescription, as this can cause severe stomach problems.

Again, I am not a vet.  My information is the recommendations of my vet,
Dr. Kendrick, for the insulinomic ferrets in my care.

Debi Christy
Ferrets First Foster Home