From:
"Scarlett A. Gray" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Aug 2006 14:36:12 -0400
Only 3 more weeks until the FERRET BUCKEYE BASH!!
Saturday, Aug. 26, 2006
300 W. Broad St. Veteran's Memorial Hall, Columbus, Ohio
Presented by Heart of Ohio Ferret Assoc. & Rescue
Title Sponsor: The FerretStore.com
Contributing sponsors: Ferret.com & FerretDepot.com

There is still time to get your entries in!  The final deadline is coming
up fast - Monday, Aug.  7.  Entry forms are still available on our
website www.hofa-rescue.org.  Entries will also be accepted by e-mail
to the [log in to unmask] with payment made via Pay Pal at the
same address.

This year the Ferret Buckeye Bash goes where no ferret show has gone
before!  Australian Radio Pictures will be filming the Buckeye Bash for
part of their PBS series "Standards of Perfection", produced by Mark
Lewis.  Many of you may already know of this are they have been busy
the past=20couple months interviewing ferret people.

Ferret Buckeye Bash is so much more than just a Championship, All
Specialty ferret show!

HIGHLIGHTS again for this year are: Enter your ferret in our PHOTO
Contest for a chance for your ferret to be on the cover in 2007!.  All
photos must be done by an amateur -- no professional photos please.
Voting will be done at the Ferret Buckeye Bash.  You vote for the winner
with a minimal fee paid for each vote.  Proceeds will be donated to a
needy shelter.  There is more information on the contest posted on our
website -- www.hofa-rescue.org.

The infamous Bob Church will be with us again to help you learn how to
"Cenrich" your ferret's life, how your ferrets dental h ealth effects
him/her and more.  Valerie Stanton will be speaking again on animal
behavior.  Kim Schilling of Ferrets for Dummies will be with us again.
Sketch artist , Kelly Zalenski will be doing her unique brand of drawings
done in India ink with a twig.  Smooch Pooch Photography will be
available for pictures of your "star" of the show.

We have some great fun events for you.  Bring a costume for your ferret
and compete in the Best Dressed Ferret contest.  Get ready to test your
ferret's tube skills in the tube races!  How fast can your ferret escape
a paper bag?  Do you think you have the best kisser?  We even have an
Elvis and Twiggy contests.  There will so much for you and your ferret(s)
to participate in.

AND don't forget our AWESOME raffle!  Remember, it's your generous
donations that make this such an awesome raffle.  So, if you have
something to donate to the raffle, please contact Kisten Palm at
[log in to unmask]  Donations are also accepted at the show on show
day.  We appreciate your donations and remember, if you wish an ad in
our show catalog in exchange for your donation, please be sure to get
your artwork in to the P.O. Box 15753, Columbus, OH 43215 or by e-mail
([log in to unmask]) before the Aug. 13 deadline.

We have over 25 GREAT vendors so there will be shopping galore to do.
Many handmade and custom items you never see in stores at great prices!

Come and enjoy the shopping, great raffle, exceptional speakers, fun
events and the camaraderie of your fellow ferret fanatics!

Scarlett Gray-Saling,
Show Coordinator
Ferret Buckeye Bash Heart of Ohio Ferret Association and Rescue
A 501(c)(3) Shelter