From:
Troy Lynn Eckart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Aug 2002 09:29:34 -0500
Last evening as I was sweeping the kitchen floor I was thinking about
priorities and I discovered my priority has priorities. :-)

My first priority is living beings.  The first priority of this priority
is living beings that need me most and cannot do for themselves, animals
(babies and young children would fall in this classification as well as
plants [well they are living too]).  Second in this first priority would
be those that need me but can do for themselves (older children, some
family & friends).  Third in this first priority would be those that
don't need me (other family & friends).

Emotions - Please think about this.  The FML is a list of ferret oriented
people.  Negative comments about ferrets are bound to raise emotions.
People that are in guidance, leader, helper, friend, shelter, club,
organizational, etc.  roles have followers so anything negative said
about them will cause emotions to flare as well.  Please think before you
write.  Will your comment serve a positive constructive purpose or is it
just going to hurt others or raise hackles?  We are all entitled to our
opinions, yet sometimes it is kinder to not post your negative opinion or
gossip, especially if its only purpose is to harm another.  This is
different than posting your opinions in a kind way even though they may
have a negative implication to a select group.

The FML subscribers come from all walks of life and have different
priorities and lifestyles.  Each persons priorities/lifestyle are their
very own.  Each of us lives with our own priorities/lifestyles.  The one
thing we ALL have in common is that we ALL care about ferrets and that is
why we are here.

Imagine what a force we would be if we all ban together, work positively
on ferret issues, and help another in need?

Please, let's all try to put our differences aside and work together to
better the world for ferrets.  Please try to be helpful and kind to
others.  Try it, you might like it. :-)

Take some time this weekend to relax, cuddle, and play with your ferrets,
in memory of all those who are no longer with us.

Hugs to all. tle
Troy Lynn Eckart, F.B.S.
Ferret Family Services
http://www.ferretfamilyservices.org