From:
Mini Tafoya <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Jun 1998 01:08:24 EDT
Hello all,

first of all...Way to go Bob C:))))... yeah ferrets do smell and lots
more:))) NOT

Now what pet/animal is right for you?
Ever since I have been a young child I have had pets/animals around.  Being
raised in Germany, my grandparents had always chickens, cats, pigeons,
ducks, and even at one time a dog.  At some time I even had a rabbit.  As I
grew older and started my own family, I continued to having pets and animals
around at all times.

Over the years I have had many different ones.  Goats, two calfs, pig,
ducks, chickens the show kind and regular ones, rabbits, cavies, cats, and
dogs.  Out of all the animals/pets I have had, I have found the ferrets to
be the most social, fun, mischievous, entertaining, loving, joyful, and yeah
expensive (if u count all the treats, snacks, etc one keeps around, as well
as adding new toys on a regular basis) type of pet.  Also never have enough
cages, and cages are getting bigger and bigger.

Just like any pet...Ferrets will grow on you, or you won't be able to put up
with them.  Some of us choose to love them, while others see them as pests.
Some people are afraid of the reputation..while others know better.
Sometimes a dog or a cat is a better pet for some people, as they don't
always need the individual attention that ferrets require.  If space is a
problem, people will opt for a hamster, bird, cavy, or something like that.
Each of us has a different taste regarding requirements of our pets.  I for
one, like many of you, have choosen Ferrets to be in OUR life.  I know my
boys when they will leave home will also have ferrets in their lives...
hehehe got them hooked lock stock and barrel.  A ferret is a very special
pet and companion, and I wouldn't trade my 8 for anything in this world.
Well maybe a million $ so I could hire someone to do all the chores...only
kidding....LOL I know I would kidnap them back.

I would miss:
Getting my toes nibbled on by Sassy while trying to type something or
reading the FML.

Trying to locate my special German candy that Speedy hid, again in a new
hidy place.

Handfeeding the babies, and watching them fall asleep in your hand all
curled up..that's worth a million $ by itself:)))

Always looking for new toys, treats, shopping for quality foods, reading
labels and not paying attention to brand or price, considering I hate to
shop.

Watching war dances on your bed, which is more entertaining then any TV show
aired.

Most important of all, I would miss their kisses and getting my face washed
right out of the shower.

Educating people and authorities on rabies issues, and ferret issues in
general.

The list is endless...but u all know what I mean.

People have different tastes when it comes to pets/animals.  No two people
are alike...and thank god for that, or it would be a very boring world.

Hugs to all the fuzzies
Mini and her gang of 17 (the 8 plus 9 kits)