From:
Susan Hayes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Dec 2013 12:42:49 -0600
When I read about what happened I couldn't help but cry and think "here
we go again" and why people would want to go and play cruel jokes on
some ferret shelters. I know this to be true what goes on for it
happened to me 3 yrs ago when someone went and picked 5 of my ferrets
off the giving tree and then turned around and sent them a box of old
dirty poopy pee smellie beddings and nasty dirty toys to my kids and
me having to throw them out and I cryed for my kids as we went without
that year plus I said I would never put them on a giving tree again.

That was 3 yrs ago. I allowed a couple ferrets friend finally talk me
into putting them up this year for the first time sence then and have
lived in the fear of who picks my kids and what is going to be sent for
real or another joke. Christmas is supposed to be for the ferrets that
are in shelters that don't have homes or can't go anywhere cause of
their heath issues or sp needs or that nobody wants cause they are old.
It's not for us adults. To me this is a disgrace to us shelters big and
small. I put 7 of my kids up this year and 1 was picked buy the same
person that played the same dirty joke on my kids 3 yrs ago. I just
knew she was going to do it again so I told Melanee to please take my
kids down it wasn't worth the hurt it was going to cause for my shelter
kids. She talked me out of it and took that person off my one ferret
and gave him to someone else.

Why just WHY do people out there have nonthing better to do than hurt
others out there in the ferret community. We're supposed to be a family
helping each other and all. I don't even post about my shelter kids
anymore or hardly even talk about them, I don't ask for help hardly
at all but when I do I go to SOS or a couple of my personal ferret
shelter friends help me if I should even ask.

Some shelters out there that are not really shelters keep spaming for
money and donations and using the money up for themselves and not for
the ferrets in need -- I know it cause I've seen it with my own 2 eyes.
Me and my shelter was given a bad name thanks to another shelter back
a year ago. Why is it that nobody can get along for the sake of these
ferrets and try to love and help each other instead of tearing a
shelter apart or playing dirty jokes on them. The more I think about
this and what I want to say to ya all I feel I'm just wasting my time
trying to get some sense thru us all of WHYs is this happeneing every
year if not to one shelter its a different one. I have been a Ferret
Shelter for Hospice and Sp Needs ferrets as well as well as adoptions
and taking in surrenders now over 15 yrs and now after last year and
I had gotten deathly sick and losing a brother and sister both in the
same year I feel its time for me to just go ahead and close my doors
after the first of the year. A lot of you guys know me and some of yas
don't and once I do close my doors there is no other ferret rescue
in the state of Arkansas and it is going to break my heart cause the
ferrets here in arkansas that will need a rescue or someone to be able
to jump in and help them. It's the ferrets that suffer not the adults
cause they don't gave a hoot. I don't know anymore but I will say this
much, I Love those who love and care for the ferrets and each other
and I do wish you Shelters the best and I will miss being a part of
yas. But I cant take much more or see how people are hurting other
shelters.. Breaks my Heart Big Time..

I'm sorry this happened to you too. I realy am.. Take Care..

Susan -director of the Arkansas Ferret Shelter for hospice and Sp needs
kids

Shelter Mommy Of Timmy and Angel the 2 paralized ferrets everybody came
to know and Love thru the years... Every since those 2 have gone to the
rainbow bridge things haven't been the same without them ..
--
"If you really want to know the heart of a person, watch how they treat
their inferiors, not their superiors or even their equals." - Rita