Date:
Wed, 31 May 1995 12:28:20 EDT
> Date:    Tue, 30 May 1995 23:55:03 -0400
> From:    [log in to unmask]
>       One more question and we'll go...why do ferrets have tails?

Gunther uses his tail.  When he's sitting (well, ruching) on your shoulder,
trying to get himself in a position to jump to the nearest forbidden
surface, he'll wrap his tail around your face, right under your nose to
stabalize himself.  It feels really strange too, because the poor little guy
must have had an accident as a baby, and has more of a stubby half tail,
than anything else.  And, since he lost a lot of fur, apparently from the
shock of the splenectomy last fall, (we had him checked for adrenal
problems, the doctor said he wasn't showing any of the other symptoms), his
tail still has a huge bald spot on it.  All in all, its not the most
pleasant thing to have pressed up against your nostrals.

(But he does seem to be recovering nicely from the whole splenectomy ordeal.
He is definately gaining his weight back.  He's grown back a lot of his hair
and its starting to come in softer again, I think.  He dances around and
even wrestles with Mark and I occasionally.  He never used to do that,
overall, he is a very serious ferret.)

He does have a new hobby(i.e.  obsession).  Now that we are in the house in
Wilmington, his personal mission is to get out of the designated ferret room
and make sure the rest of the house is safe for human and ferret habitation
(especially the stairs, we LOVE stairs).  He's getting pretty good at
getting the sliding pocket doors open and its a good thing that we're
planning to strip the paint off of those doors because his veloceraptor
talons have already removed a good bit of it.  But he is winning.  The
constant scratching did force us to open another room to them (which of
course only satisfied Gunther for about 20 minutes).

But enough of this babble.  Anybody know a good vet in the Southern PA,
Northern Deleware area?  There are couple names in the Star database, but a
personal recco is always nice.  Email me directly if so.

Thanks a lot,

Norris (for Mark, Gunther, Nico, and Ozzie)