From:
Tim and Denise <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Jul 1996 01:10:08 -0400
As to Brett's question about traveling with ferts--we have taken Shamus and
Pearl on long trips, and have found that they are happiest exploring the
vehicle.  After awhile they go to sleep.  Don't get in the way of driving at
all.  They go crazy if they have to stay in the carrier for long.  We
checked our vehicles for any way they could get where they shouldn't; put
duct tape over one area.  Of course they poop wherever, so clean up is a
must.  We put newspaper around.  Probably the SAFEST way to travel is to
seatbelt the carrier onto the seat (a small carrier), and not let them roam
at all.  Stop when the fert wakes up, leash it, and walk it.