From:
Carolina Toro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Aug 1996 21:03:23 -0400
Hello everyone!

I'm new in this list or should I say I've been lurking for a while now but
this is the first time I am posting something.  I'd like to introduce my
kids here!  I have 3 fuzzies, two are mine and the third one is my baby
sister's birthday present!  Their names are Paco, Lola and Jimmy (f).

Paco:
I got Paco a couple of months ago and I'm totally in lovce with him!  He is
the sweetest most gentle fuzzy ever!  He is addicted to raisins, peanut
butter and recently discovered chocolate!!  - he found it in my purse!!  and
ohh what a feast!- It was too late when I found him : )!  He loves to sleep
in my bed, unfortunetely my bed is not big enough for both of us!  He was
quite a fast learner and is now very disciplined!  As much as these cute
fuzzies can be!  He loves to cuddle besides me in bed and fall asleep.  The
only problem is when he decides to go under the covers!  He never ever bites
me except when he is under my covers!!  DANGER!  He will nibble really hard
on anything he bumps into!  I guess he doesn't see the rest of me so...You
all know what I'm talking about...Lately I started working so I though he
was spending too much time alone so I got Lola and oh goshhhh she another
story!!

Lola:
Well, what can I say.  Lola is a little monster that flies!  I think she
must of have some kind of personality disorder and thinks she is a flying
squirel!!  Right now she just decided she was inspired enough to come and
type with me so she flew up on my desk and is persistantly trying to give me
a \\\\\\\\\\\ (woops that was her!) hand on typing this message : )!  She is
really hyper!!!  Including when she is asleep!  She moves a lot and wakes up
constantly in the middle of the night!  And might I say she does not wake up
and read as any of us would do!  : ) She makes all the noise she can
possibly make and believe me you would be shocked to hear how much noise
such a tiny thing can do!!!!  This of coarse annoys me most of the times!
Specially during the week!  We all sleep in the same room, but in different
beds : ).  She sleeps in her cage.  I've tried keeping her awake until late
but she wakes up anyway and tortures the other two until they wake up and of
coarse it is PARTY TIME!  "Mom!  Mom?!  Mom????!!!!!  Get us out of
here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" (Any suggestions???  I'm really getting desperate!!  I
need to sleep!) She doesn't like to be held or cuddled and she will get back
at you when she is scolded or grounded!!  I've tried all kids of
disciplinary tactics and nothing works!  As soon as she is out of her cage,
she jumps on me!!  Which of coarse causes me to laugh...imagine such a tiny
thing attacking me (I'm tiny too but... : ))!!!

Finally Jimmy:
Jimmy is the birtday present : )...and ohh what a birthday present!!!  I
hope my sister is prepared to what is coming!  This is another little
monster who loves feet and hates to be even touched!  She is very nervous
and moves really quickly!  She too thinks she can fly so now I have two tiny
flying ferrets!!  She is the tiniest!  She will only eat her food, no snacks
at all!!  I guess she is keeping her figure ; )!  She and Paco don't seem to
get along so well and of coarse this also worries me : /.

Both girls (Lola & Jimmy) are very hyper and mischievous!!  Poor Paco!  What
he has to put up with : )!!!

I really would like some help with Lola!  Jimmy will be leaving soon but
Lola is staying and it worries me that she will continue like this!  I live
in a room in an apartment in Manhattan so I seldom take them outside (just
in case, lwas and stuff) and sometimes I think she will be happier running
free.  So yes, I've thought of giving her away to someone that might be a
better parent for her than me!  She is 4 months old and has all her shots.
But I'm convinced she needs more space and different company!  Any
thoughts???

I also have another question.  Actually two.  The first one is about vets
with experience with ferrets in Manhattan.  Any suggestions???

And the second one is that I will be leaving for 10 days during the month of
August and I can't take them with me.  I can't leave them in their cage even
though it is a two floor cage because I think it would be really cruel!  So
I've thought of putting away some of my stuff and leaving them (Paco and
Lola if she is still with me : () run free in my room with a lot of food and
water.  My room mate would probably check on them once in a while but
knowing her it won't be very often : (.  Do you think this will be okay???
I'm really worried!!!!  And please, if someone is interested in a little
almost black and very cute girl please get back to me through this same
email address [log in to unmask]  I really think she will be better somewhere
when she can run around free...

Well, and last of all I have to say that it has been a real pleasure reading
your postings!  It is hard to share these fuzzies experiences with someone
that doesn't have them!  They don't understand!!

Peace to all.

The Fang Gang & C.