From:
"R. Worthing" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Aug 2003 06:03:13 -0400
** This is a copy of the lettter sent directly to Mike/Rose.  I only
removed the news articles (which I copied/pasted in their entirety to
prevent rejection from the FML)

Mike/Rose,

>After we posted we had gone to the shelter and adopted some ferrets and
>the we were very impress with the place and the way it is being run we
>have had some people write us telling of how the owner of the shelter
>abuses her aniamls and will not feed or care for them.  What we seen at
>the shelter was nothing at all like you are saying.

No, after what happened two years ago, she's probably watching her p's
and q's.  WHat you "seen" is probably just the tip of the iceburt.  The
point is not how she is NOW but what she has done in the past... and to
what lengths the FML community stretched their wallets, their resources,
their hearts, their time, their homes to save these 200+ ferrets.  It is
a slap in the face to those on the FML, the Davis County Animal Care
Control, etc., who worked so very hard to END the hoarding/collecting
that Jen Morrison was doing.  It would be kinda like if Afghanistan made
cars and Americans were buying them after what happened on Sept.11.
Slap in the face!

>What we saw was a very loving woman that devote her life to the care and
>welfare of the animals in her care.  I was asked to research what happen
>2 years ago with this shelter and every news station, and new paper that
>covered this story said that Animal Control was shocked at how well
>cared for the animals were.

That is NOT what was said at all.  Jen Morrison said that animal control
said this.  This is NOT a direct quote from Animal control.

>I asked the people that wrote me to send me the prove of what they said
>about the abuse and all that took place no one ever wrote me back after
>that.

As an adopter, it is YOUR duty to be wary and it's YOUR job to search
for the right answers.  WE already know and you've been "warned".  The
ball is in YOUR court.

>At one of our visits to the shelter there was a vet there and he to went
>on and on of how wonderful the shelter was and if we were thinking of
>adopting that he himself would never adopt from anyone else but this
>shelter.

Really?  What's this vets name?  I'd like to talk to him.  I want proof
that he actually said this.

>What the FML is saying is,..... in the recent past, Jen Morrison had
>some "problems".  She had waaaaay too many animals to properly care for.
>She was punished (if you can call it that) by the Court and was on
>probation.

Ask yourself this... "If there was NO problem, would animal control
have seized the ferrets?  Would the court have fined her or put her on
probation or made other sanctions against her?" The FML is concerned that
the number of ferrets she has will get out of control again (because she
has shown herself to be a collector/hoarder which is a psychological
disorder) and once again, members of the FML will have to once again
rescue her ferrets.  You see, there are more ferrets in shelters than
there are families willing to take them.  The shelters and rescues
ALREADY have their hands full and their financial resources stretched to
the limit.  The shelters already have to have raffles, ebay auctions,
fundraisers, etc., just to cover the costs of maintaining the shelters,
feeding the animals, providing medical care.  They cannot afford to save
another 200 but they did it once and no doubt, they will do it again if
need be.  But just because they WOULD doesn't mean they should HAVE to.

Not that I had the time to do this but because you seem so determined
to undermine the work and words of the FML, here is the "prove" you
requested.... ((I have included the URLS/links in the event that you
STILL don't believe.))  And if your mail account accepts HTML, I have
gone to the extent of highlighting in RED, some very important details in
these news accounts.  If your mail doesn't accept HTML, then I suggest
you read VERY carefully.

And then, why don't you print this email in it's ENTIRETY, take it to her
directly, and confront HER about it?!  Ask her some serious questions and
demand some answers.  Dont' let her whitewash and sugar-coat it.  Make
HER accountable.  Let her know that WE haven't forgotten and that her
reputation has followed her.  Why don't you contact the Davis County
court house?  This is all public record.

Yeah, I'm annoyed with your continued support of this woman.  You
apparently cannot make reasonable judgements on your own and for some
reason seem defiant in your support of her.  You continue to support the
"enemy".  Amazing.

Continue reading... ((Articles orginally sent in entirety along with
supporting links.  Articles removed for posting on FML))

RKW

http://www.standard.net/standard/news/news_story.html
?sid=00020411231018706750+cat=news+template=news1.html

http://www.standard.net/standard/news/news_story.html
?sid=00011009232149620990+cat=news+template=news1.html

http://www.standard.net/standard/news/news_story.html
?sid=00010912222115949436+cat=news+template=news1.html
 Sanctuaries will rescue ferrets
 Animals taken from Layton woman
 Thr, Sep 13, 2001

http://www.standard.net/standard/news/news_story.html
?sid=00010910222011283345+cat=news+template=news1.html
 Davis shelter acquires a new, unique stench
 Tue, Sep 11, 2001

http://www.standard.net/standard/news/news_story.html
?sid=00010908222009356513+cat=news+template=news1.html
 230 ferrets ferreted from Layton condo
 Woman left with six after visit from Davis Animal Control
 Sun, Sep 9, 2001