From:
"Raisins From Heaven Ferret Rescue & Sanctuary in Hernando, MS" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Apr 2010 20:42:19 EDT
No. 421,

Our little Miss Iris has left us suddenly ... she is now at the Bridge.
Please make sure Syke finds her and rounds up all of the ferrets whom
she remembers, and those she does not, who already are there: Reagan,
Wicked, Hoovie, Cole, Dagmar, Marshall a.k.a. Marshy, Jasmine, Zahny,
Riley, Carrie, Sally, and all of the rest of the Raisins' Crew who wait
for me.

Miss Iris was also affectionately remembered by her mom as my little
flower girl who was my companion at night when all of the others were
asleep. She never really socialized but Skylar always did seek her out
to offer his ever-present love and friendship even though she may not
have really wanted it. He tried to play with her and followed her
anyway. Protecting her from the big boisterous boys who wanted just to
play, but were too rough with her. She was a feisty little girl who
never allowed her injury and disability to keep her in once place...
she was always crawling and climbing over what was on the floor to get
to the other side....mostly she was fending off the kitties who were
gently protesting her eating and drinking out of their bowls! No matter
how big the ferret -- or cat -- she never retreated and stood her
ground. I guess that is why she did not cross the Bridge last summer
when she was left for dead near a dumpster that very warm spring Sunday
last year.

A tiny little high-white silver with a sweet little black nose. Pretty
little girl. Taken from me way too soon.

It has taken me a few days to write to you No. 421 as each time I start
typing, the tears won't stop. Even now I find it difficult to write to
you through these tears ... but I fear she might be lost since I did
not warn you sooner of her journey to the Bridge. But she is a strong
little girl and I am sure you will find her. Or, perhaps Skye already
has since he did look after her when he was on earth and when he was
strong himself.

As her mom, I want to publicly thank each and every one of you
wonderful ferret people out there who may remember Miss Iris and when I
posted her story on the FML last year, you wrote and asked about her.
Wished her well. I also want to thank those awesome people who sent
gifts to her for Christ mas. And, I want to thank the two wonderful
families who donated wheelchairs to my Miss Iris and, even though she
preferred her "commando crawl", she appreciated your warm thoughts and
kindness. The wheelchairs are being put to good use for other disabled
ferrets in our rescue.

You better run and find her No. 421!! Miss Iris may be only using her
two front paws for power, but she is strong and she waits for no one.

Affectionately submitted,
Maren Doshier
Mom