From:
John Julian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Aug 2012 16:15:26 -0400
I've used plexiglas and similar plastics but I take a piece of PVC and
split it down one side then put it over the plastic. The PVC gives it
enough strength to survive numerous kicks and bumps.

I used a hacksaw blade with a handle on one end to cut the PVC. You
will also need to jam wedges into the cut otherwise it will close on
the hacksaw blade. Flat screwdrivers work well as wedges. Getting it
on the plastic can be a real challenge.

--
John Julian
Computer Geek