Date:
Sun, 29 Dec 1996 15:36:23 -0500
I have two shelter fuzzies Jake and Roxanne who are around 3 we think.  Jake
is a huge gorgeous black sable.  His undercoat is snow white and he has
pitch black mitts also a well defined black mask on an all white head.  He
is a beautiful boy if not a tad fat with his winter lard ;)

Roxanne is the confusing one.  When i got her 7 weeks ago she was a dark
chocolate on her legs up to her flanks and on her tail up to her behind.
Her body had a buttercup yellow undercoat with just the tips of her
guardhairs being a lighter milk chocolate then her legs and tail.  She had a
shimmery effect on her back and sides.  If you rubbed her fur against the
growth all you saw was her undercoat.  Her head was the color of her
undercoat with her ears being tipped in the lighter color of her body and
her mask was very distinct but small(more like glasses then a mask) which
ended in a "V" at her nose.  From what I read in the AFA web page she would
be a chocolate siamese right?

Well last week she's been changing her coloring.  Her dark chocolate legs
and tail are lightening up somewhat.  Her undercoat is now almost white!
Her guard hairs are getting lighter almost the cinnamon type coloring.  If
she keeps it up she may turn into a champagne!  Her mask and ears are
lightning up to!  I know ferrets change their color as they grow their new
winter coats BUT do they change again during the season?

She is a very healthy fuzzie and the only thing I can think of is she has
changed her diet(on her own accord) from Nutramax Kitten Growth to ProPlan
Kitten which is what Jake eats.  Neither like Totally Ferret, believe me
I've tried converting them to it.  Could this diet be better so her true
coloring is coming out?  Or is she just trying to confuse me?

Maggie "Roxanne I know your a little girl but stop changing outfits :)"
Jake " Roxie smells like herself sounds like herself and still plays like
herself
       but what's with the new 'do?"
Roxanne "You mean I'm NOT a cameleon?"