From:
Risa Di Vincenzo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Jun 2001 13:43:31 -0400
I was wondering if anyone else has the Litter Box blues.

I have a four level cage with a LARGE hi-backed litter box on each level.
I have 3 fuzzie bums in this cage, but even when there was only one fuzzie
bum there was still an apparent need to have a litter box on every level.
(sigh)

The litter boxes are scooped out at twice a day, once when I wake up and
once when I get home from work or being out.  Those are the only times
my fuzzbutts are caged (and thus the only times they need the cage
litterboxes, since when they're out my apartment has many corners
conveniently available for poop).  (-:

I have dreams of one day only having a litterbox on every other level.
And not just because of the body stretching manuvers needed to reach the
boxes on the levels with only side doors (I have a loved SuperPet cage)
but because I want more play/cozy area on each level.  Anyways my hopes
were dashed this morning when I saw a small stream of poop coming down
from the high part of the litter box back.  Too high for any fuzzie butt
to have reached.  So I looked on the level above and, eureeka, someone
had moved the litterbox on the second level a bit so that they could poop
in the corner (and dribble down the side to the next level) <my apologies
to anyone eating> (-:

How many litter boxes are enough?  Does anyone else require a litterbox in
each and every possible poop area?  I don't mind, but I don't get it!  Is
a ferret's daily routine so time pressing that they couldn't possibly find
the time to go up or down a level before relieving those little bladders?
Hmmm.

Am I alone in Litterboxville or do others out there share this dilemma?

Risa