From:
"Irena Arthur (OPS|schwanke)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Feb 1996 14:28:12 EST
Dear Lynn,
Sorry to hear that your skunk is such a weenie!  As I wrote to Lars, I was
not sure about the minks my Opa had (I was very young) but we had a skunk at
home, Stinky, and he was a great pet.  He did get PO'd at times and scratch
at the ground and try to spray at us which we found hilarious but he never
bit anyone.  The only complaints we received and eventually led to him
getting a new owner was that in the summer you could smell our house a block
away even though he was descented and neutered when we got him.  I may be
wrong (and probably am) but I like to think that the relationship between a
person and animal has a lot to do with personality.  We still have to
respect them and remember that they are still wild animals but thankfully I
can say that my dealings with animals (foxes, minks and skunks included)
have been pleasant.  I did get chomped once by a hedgehog, though!

Love to all,
        Irena...Lucy's mom