Date:
Wed, 29 Mar 2006 17:30:17 +1100
>From:    shona <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: meat diet

>Although it sounds like you're feeding a proper natural diet, I thought
>I'd make one clarification for others thinking of learning more about
>diet or switching diets.
>
>Carnivore should actually = carcassivore :)  Carnivores eat other
>animals, not just their muscle meat.

Oh, for sure  _ ;  To clarify - I can't get whole prey in a manner that's
cost effective, but I do provide the next best things.  The local poultry
store hereabouts sells bags of three very meaty chicken carcasses for a
dollar each, so they get those (chopped up into manageable chunks, though
we did give them a whole one once and watch them play in it) mixed with
livers and/or giblets and/or hearts, depending on what the store has and
what the ferrets had last time.  We'd be closer to giving too /little/
muscle meat than too much - but I'm confident that there's enough meat on
the carcasses to satisfy.

Though there was one time when we ran out of everything but livers and
couldn't get more meat for a few days.  Never again!  XP Runny poops
everywhere.

In any case, I'd recommend the store chain (Leonard's) for any fellow
Australians who want to feed their pets natural chicken, especially
since they stock only antiobic/hormone free meat.  Still on the hunt
for good rabbit, though...

Fox Lee: The Girl Your Mother Warned You About
http://hypercrescendo.net/foxlee/fls/
http://www.furbiddenrealms.com
http://blurty.com/users/leechimera/

"I'm always on the girl's side - you can thank me by sleeping with me
later!" - Carrot Glaces, Bakuretsu Hunter