From:
Gail Reilly <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Jun 1996 09:25:17 -0400
The fml comes through yet again!  My little rescued orphan has found a home.
Thanks so much to all who replied with encouragment and offers of help.  I
even got an offer of adoption from as far away as Florida by someone who was
willing to arrange to have the little guy flown down there.  You guys are
fantastic.  The lucky little guy has been adopted by a family with two
ferrets who live only about fifteen minutes from me.  Ahh the power of the
internet.  I brought him over to his new family last night and he seemed
very content.  I think this is one of the stories that makes us all
appreciate the existence of the fml.  Thanks BIG!  and thanks again to
everyone who offered to help.  Hopefully the little guy's new family will
keep us posted on his progress.  I was very worried about him the first few
hours after I posted the message to the fml.  He was very weak and shaky,
and I had to hold him in my arms to get him to eat.  After some food and
lots of sleep, however, he started to come around, most noteably by figuring
out how to get out of the bathtub and coming over and waking me up by
jumping on my head, in classic ferret form.  He then ran around the house
like a madman, with a little bounce in his step I didn't see when I first
picked him up.  I think he is still a little weary from his adventure, but I
think he is going to do just fine in his new home.

Thanks,
Gail Reilly