From:
Leslie Cucino <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Nov 2005 20:26:51 -0400
Hi folks,

am cross posting to get exposure/help.

My dominant MF female turns 4 on Dec. 1st.  she weighs 1.3 lbs.  A week
ago I took her in for what the vet and I hoped would be routine adrenal
surgery.  They opened her and closed her right back up, she was a mass
of cancer from her pancreas to her stomach and small intestine.  The
vet said she wasn't a candidate for chemo because the cancer was too
involved.  We opted to put her on predisone and hope for the best.  The
dosage was .50ccs twice a day.

A week later, (yesterday-Friday) she went in for a recheck and the vet
was amazed at how much the tumor had shrunk.  I also mentioned that
when Shelby is up, she's more 'up' than before and is actually playing,
something she hasn't done in a year.  So while I'm not holding out any
hope for a miracle, (yes I am, I lied) I hope at least her quality of
life is good until I have to let her go.

I asked the vet to change her meds from predinose to pediapred, which she
did.  Now here at long last is my question: the pred dosage was .50cc
every 12 hours, the pediapred is 1.5ccs every 12 hours.  Is this normal??
The bottle says the following: 30 pediapred 6.7MG/5ML SOLN MPI

I just don't want to OD her on it, besides the fact that she hates the
taste and .50ccs was hard enough, never mind three times that amount!
Help anyone?

Leslie