From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Oct 1997 06:48:00 -0800
I was inspired to write by the person from Holland who uses free carpet
tubes as pipes for ferts..very creative.

Another idea, especially in CACA land where there is lots of new
construction, is to go to the construction site.  If you hit it just right
(after the structure is up but before the walls are closed in) that is lots
of PCV pipe that is scrap laying around after they have cut and installed
the plumbing.  I went to one site (because I happen to be buying a new house
there) and found enough PCV to last a lifetime.  The stuff just gets trashed
anyway so I felt I was being a good citizen of the planet by "recycling".

Mimi
PS Maybe if we all did that and publicized it, the Sierra Club, Audobon
Society, and DFG would support ferts as and fert owners as responsible
citizens who helped the environment by keeping PCV out of land fills (oh
well-just a thought).