From:
friskyferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Mar 2000 15:39:35 -0000
Hello all, greetings from Jersey in the Channel Islands!  I have kept
ferrets for a few years, and I recently took in two very sweet rescue
cases found in the wild.  Both were very poorly with diarrohea and high
fevers.  Intensive vet. treatment and lots of TLC paid off, they are
much recovered eating and drinking well and taking an interest in their
environment.  (still separated from the others of course).

There background is uncertain but the vet found on auscultation that both
have a congenital heart murmur, rare, he says, in ferrrets and as these two
were found together, he thinks they are siblings, they are certainly very
close and adore each other!  In all the worry over their acute illness I
didn't explore the murmur side of things at all, I know humans can live
quite normally.  Is there anybody out there who can give me any
information?  I would be very grateful.

Love from Frisky and all her ferts!!