From:
Eddie Brittenham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Mar 2006 05:02:05 EST
Feb 14 last year -- down to one ferret from a high of 7 over the past 10
years --house felt empty and I was at Petco and it was feb 14 and no
significatant other around sooooo yep -- home came Zipper -- the last of
the 7 passed on and Zipper remained alone - so this past sat (1 week ago)
was the time -- we went to Washington ferret rescue center and took
Zipper - 100% frantic --- the little guy didnt care abotu the other
ferrets -- the people -- nothing -- just jumped and clung to me for dear
life --

So we pick a guy to test with him -- he didnt care if it was a cobra in
the play area with him he wanted back in my arms -- so we put him in with
Cayenne -- a sweet silver mitt gogeous gentle girl -- she was sniffing
but he was jumpin -- please daddy save me -- she didnt seem to attack him
so I said lets take her home and see what happens -- paperwork done we
are on our way - at home = she starts chasing him - round and round and
round shes dookin like a race car -- more interested in him than the new
surroundings -- then she starts seeking out new adventures and quits
chasing him so much -- hmmm - he doesnt like that plan --suddenly gettin
chased by a good lookin lady aint so bad -- and when he gets out of his
cage -- he is immediatley lookin to find her --ahh they meet -- now he
kind chases back a little -- hmmm -- for about 5 days finally on fri -- I
put her sleep hammock into his cage replacing the lower level one that he
never uses -- now they are together -- in the cage -- hssing from him
when she approached his hammock -- guess we still have boundries

Now its Sat -- we chase each other 100 miles an hour - hisss and dook
like crazy -- havent seen one grab the other at all but a lot of rolling
around and hollering :)  If she doesnt chase him - then he will find
her ---

Bedtime -- hmm this is where the story was leading tooo -- just went
to say goodnght - turned on the light -- her hammock -- the 2 of them
sleeping side by side -- heads raised together lookin at dad as if to
say - can we get some sleep-- she rested her head on his chest and he
realxed his head as if to say goodnight dad :)

My thanks to the wfra for the newest love of my life and Zippers --
Cayenne (aka -- Kai Kai) --whew -- now I dont have to get on my hadns
and knees and chase him around all the time ;)

Eddie (Dad) Zipper (Doo Doo) and Cayenne (Kai Kai)